Sunday, July 6, 2008

A weekend of food

First of all, congrats to Andrew and Shanny for moving to a new house. Nothing fancy; just family members gather around, having dinner at his new place. It was such a huge house and being a terrace, IT IS HUGE! 3 storeys high, with rooms bigger than my house! So so different from his old condo. Anyway, a lil' too big if you ask me; unless he plans to have like a dozen kids! Hehehe..... he might! My only complain about the place is the location. Seems to be hidden in the middle earth, if you ask me. Located near Bukit Jalil, the place is a bit too far for my liking. Only the new Sirim hq offers a landmark otherwise even a GPS system will not help. Anyway, it's a new township call Paragon Heights. Gated & guarded community living. It won't be long til new neighbourhood starts to surround this place and makes it another traffic jammed area since for now there's only 1 entry/exit point. A bit too far? yah, but Taman Tun was once a very Ulu place too!
Then, on Sunday, we went to my sis's place in Gadong. The reason? I was promised good quality Durians! Wow! How tempting, and I'm not gonna let this opportunity go.

My sis's house is located at the outskirt of Labu. Her plot of land is not that big but big enough to have some durian, langsat, mangosteen trees growing at her backyard. It was the first time my two kids have the chance to see durians hanging from trees and taste fresh picked langsat.

And my sis's choice of durian didn't dissapoint at all! There are a few kampung varieties; no fancy coded names. However it was quite amusing when my sister showed us some of her durian trees with pet names given by the family! How odd! The flesh was thick and creamy. The smell and taste is just heaven! It has been quite sometime since I've tasted anything as good. As an added incentives, it's organic too! My sis never uses any pesticides. Healthy and wholesome! There's too many durians to be eaten in one sitting, we're full to the brim. So .... being a durian lover, we ta pau la! Sis put a few fruits into a plastic bag and we loaded it at the back of my car. Wrong move as the smell stuck there until this morning. It wasn't a pleasant smell this morning when we got ready to go to work/school. And I still got some left in the fridge........
Xu Hom's 1st durian touch
Langsat hanging in the tree
Si Qian clowning around with his cousin
King of fruits!

0 comments: