Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm Back!

Hmmmm! Great to be home again after almost a week away from my family. Being a tourist guide/tour manager is tough; juggling between jobs, assignments and of course family and friends.

My latest task is to take a group of Malaysian form a certain insurance company for a trip to Macau/Macao and Zhuhai in China. I was lucky coz I got a great mate working along me from start to the end. Thanks KK! Bringing 90 delegates thru Macao/Zhuhai border seems so much easier with him around. Good partner, great buddy!

I'm blessed with a group of very dedicated bunch of madhat friends besides KK. Mike Lim, David and his "323" brother Michael, Esther (my partner in Gala dinner) and Carina. Being with them makes the day goes faster and can let go steam by making jokes on Michael! Hehehe......

Besides missing my family and our food, being in a foreign land means a miss with the local news. The Anwar "sodomy" saga, Atantulya epic and of course the oil price hike. Nowadays nothing is spared in terms of "price-revision". Even the transit link from KLIA to Sentral gave a 25% rise with effect from 1st July! Mati lo.....
Touching on the oil price hike, I don't think things will improve anytime sooner. It's a global issue; everyone is feeling the pain. What is important is how the Government plans to tackle the issue, what are concrete steps to be taken so the effects are minimized. Hong Kong SAR's Chief Executive even went to the ground and met taxi and lorry drivers and talk to them. Understanding the pain of the rakyat (where the Hongkies are very blunt with the CE) might be a publicity stunt but I admire what Mr. Donald is doing.

As Malaysian, I do hope that all politicians to pull together and act as one to face this huge huge challenge together with the rakyat. Don't waste our money debating if Gobind has apologize or needs to be suspended. BN needs to accept the result of our GE. PR won big, won some important states and thats a very good (if rude) wake up call for them. Now with Anwar being a big threat to them, suddenly there's another twist to this with the sodomy allegation. Can't help to think it's a calculated move by some one to maintain power.

FOCUS ON THE REAL ISSUE! Otherwise, with or without Anwar, BN might fall in the next one.

0 comments: