Sunday, July 13, 2008

Argh!!!!!

I was really frust this morning when I drove off to work. I had a bad sleep yesterday due to the damn Urticaria. Itched like hell, so when I woke up, my mood is not so good. Took shower like usual and off we go. As usual, the traffic starts to build up along the LDP around 7:15a.m but when I heard the radio's traffic info, it really makes my blood boiled!

It was reported that the police has set-up road blocks in various main roads that leads to the city and the Parliament. The reason? In anticipation of a mass rally organised by the opposition to vent their anger at the recent price hike of basically everything. So, roads that are usually heavy in traffic during the morning rush will be affected. We got caught in the jam, cars moved slowly... you know, the usual morning crawl but made worst by the "blockades". It was reported that the police will do checks on suspicious cars/occupants.

WHAT? How the hell the Police is going to know if the car is heading towards a rally? By looking at the car? The driver? Smells something different from thousand of other motorists? Whoever made this decision ought to have his heads checked. I'll understand if the Parliament is a off-zone for visitors (security reason) in view of a potential clash between PR and BN on the motion against the PM. But roads towards the city? What really pissed me off is that when I passed through the blockade, I saw a few Policemen sharing some jokes among themselves while closing 1 lane near the Petronas/Shell opposite of Eastin Hotel. Checks on motorists? Hahaha.... I don't know what they're talking but obviously the jokes must be good because the police don't even bother to wave or look at any of the cars. Just standing there and enjoying a good laugh among themselves.

If only we have signs like these....

So, my question is, will this type of inconvenience will make the world a better place? Definitely no! It only succeeded in making me and I believe a lot of other motorists' blood pressure go up and wasted thousand of precious litres of petrol in the jam. How ironic....


0 comments: