Tuesday, July 22, 2008

7 days of loneliness

My two monsters; Xu Hom & Si Qian

Loneliness... that's a scary word for a lot of people including me. And 7 days of it? I swear, a few more, I'll sure go nuts! So, what makes me feel so isolated. Well, for a start, I was "out there", tour guiding a bunch of "aliens" aka tourists. Not too bad, since I gotta make a living and tours from China usually lasted only 4 days in Malaysia.

In my line of work, I usually spent at least 2 nights staying in hotels; away from my family. I do miss my kids and my wife. What make it so bad for me this time is that my agent gave me a last minute assignment to "back" another group when my tour concludes. That makes it 7 days out on the field. A long 7 days.......

Called up my sons the other night. Chat with them and even my lil' devil sound so sweet over the phone. I knew he missed me, kissing me and kept calling papa. Urgh!!!!! As for Xu Hom, I can feel that he's a disappointed that I'll only be back today because he thought I'd be home and play the Ben10 PSP with him. Sorry son, we miscommunicated. Debbie told me some good news. Our long long wait for the renovation of our town house is finally over with the banks settling the outstanding amount. This Saturday seems to be a good day in terms of feng shui for ground breaking ceremony. Can't wait for it! But the best piece of news is Debbie told me how our 2 kids seem to missed me. I missed them too and just wanna go over and give them a big big hug and kiss.

I know, I could have declined the 2nd assignment but I need extra cash for the impending renovation work on our new home. It's a price I need to pay. More money; less time with family. But deep down I know, the time I spent with my kids will always be precious.

1 comments:

Janice Ong said...

Monster? They are so cute. I guess they are angels :)