Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year....


Well, 2008 came and gone. The days seemed to fly pass me and even before I noticed it, it's already 2009. Eventful year? Not really.

The most disappointing event for the year 2008 is that I was basically 'discarded' by my old travel agent. The boss, Ester might had heard something about me that's not true and decided not to have me as her guide. Everyone knows I've never gossip and hate gossips! Now that's OK since I'm a freelancer but what's unacceptable to me is the fact that I've been with her through thick and thin for the past 7 years. Every time there's a problem with the company, I've always gave her my support. Now, she don't even have the courtesy to give me a call and tell me that she's not going to use me anymore. Anyway, life must go on.....

One of the most memorable groups that I've guide in the year 2008 is the Filipino group. A week long group starting on X'mas Day and ended on New Year's Eve. It was on of the most pleasant group I've ever encountered. The guests were very friendly but what struck me the most is their humbleness. Being humble is a great virtue. I really had lots of fun. It has been quite a while since I've really enjoyed doing my work..... Filipinos are so much more different than the Chinese.

This morning, my wife asked me about my New Year resolution; if I do have any. Well, frankly speaking, I've never given it much thought. To me, New Year's Resolution is something you vowed to do, planned to do, swear you'll do it, forgot what to do by February and hope you've done it by year end. Is there really anyone that uphold their resolution?

So, it's a brand new year ahead of us. My wish? Just hope that the economy can turn weather the storm ahead and turns out fine. No more ISA. More happiness, peace and less suffering for mankind. My bank account can get a little bit fatter. And the most important of all, have a healthy year for all. Oh, not to forget..... Liverpool to be crowned Champion of England come May!

You'll Never Walk Alone!

0 comments: