Friday, October 31, 2008

Si Qian's Deci kak bids Bye-bye!

Deci and Si Qian


Today is the day where my maid of 2 years bids bye-bye to us. Only I alone sent her off since her flight to Jakarta is a 7am flight (too early for the boys to follow).

Time flies for us all. We are indeed glad to say we got ourselves a good maid; not the brightest but at least honest and hard working,she took care of our boys really well. I think she bonded very well especially with Si Qian. Deci came into our home when Si Qian is about 6-7 months old. So you can imagine that Deci really liked him and the feeling is mutual.

When I saw her this early morning, her eyes were really swollen; a result due to not sleeping and I suspect she cried. She told me she didn't sleep because she wanted to accompany Si Qian and Xu Hom for one last time before she goes. The she finished the house chores and laundry around 2:45am before leaving to the airport around 3:30am. I don't think not many people can say thay had a maid that work until the final minute! Only Debbie sees her off at our door step.

I still remember when Deci first arrived, she was still like a country bum, skinny,dark and looked very 'dry'. I couldn't understand her 'Bahasa' because of her accent. She comes from East Nusa Tenggara. A lot of patience were needed to communicate with her and teaches her on what to do. We were her first employer as this is her first job. I remember telling her that we are easy people and told her that she can always talk to us if she needs help. I told her that her main priorities are our 2 boys especially Si Qian. House chores can wait....

Horror stories about maids running away, lazy, stealing or getting pregnant with some Indon men always linger in our mind. However, we're lucky because Deci knew what and why she is here for; definately not fooling around.

So, today we lost a great pair of hand and I believe that we (esp the boys) treated her as one of the family. We wanted her to extend her work and she too would like to stay but her family has been urging and begging her to go back. Maybe her daughter is missing her mom (she came here when her baby is 1 year+)

At the LCCT, I checked her in. Then I offered her to have a breakfast before she boards but she declined. Maybe she's too tired to eat. I saw her going through the immigration check point. Then she proceed to the X-Ray machine to have her hand carry luggage examined. That's the last time I see her.

Take care, Deci Dorince Taemnanu. Thank you for taking good care of us. Remember us always!

0 comments: