Thursday, May 21, 2009

36 & 6 Birthday Party

Birthday Boy

Mommy & Si Qian. Grandma at background

Our Spidey birthday cake. More like his, though!

Last Saturday, 16th of May, we had a small party to celebrate Xu Hom's and my birthday party. Well, actually, I just tumpang celebrate only la..... the real star is of course Xu Hom. Again we had the party in our house.

This time, Debbie decided that we had enough of steam-boats. So, we opt for cooked food instead; the usual staple like fried rice, fried meehon, salad and curry chicken. Not forgetting the crowd favorite of deep fried wanton and my special mayo sauce! (sorry, can't let you know my recipe........)

However, we had a teeny weeny problem. This type of party is not appealing enough for our Claudia and co. No omph..... So, as an additional for all these food we decided to have a BBQ too! Whoa! It's been like ages since I've a barbecue party.

Xu Hom for the 1st time invited his friend over. Previously, he had his cake cutting at school but this time it's a bit different. He's absolutely delighted that his friend came over... you can just tell by his look. Some of our friends did came over for the 1st time since we moved to our new place and we had nice chats.

We had great fun, the kids and all had their fun in the house while the rest of the gang (Claudia, Maggie,CK and Eddie) had their share of fun at the back of the house where the BBQ is done. We had so much food on the table that I practically had nothing! I had a small bowl of fried rice, a few slices of watermelon and some very nice konyaku jelly. At the tail-end of the party, I had some Chivas mixed with green tea. I'm no drinker and gets drunk easily. But I must say, that combo taste quite pleasant.

Xu Hom had fun with our Spiderman Cake and presents. As for me, I got 2 presents too! CK and gang got me a Adidas T-shirt while Wei Zhen gave me another sweet birthday card....

So, I'm 36 and hoping next year I can have my own cake!

Oh ya... Happy Birthday Xu Hom and Happy Belated Birthday to our lovely monster Si Qian who celebrated his 3rd birthday last month!

0 comments: