Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My first blog

"What? You don't blog?" "How come?, you're so out lah!" That seems to be 'in-thing' nowadays. Kids half my age or Unkers double my age blogged. So not to be outdone, 'kiasu' ma.... here I am, my 1st blog.

Today is the first day I pay my parking since DBKL changed the payment method for parking. No more parking meters (no more free parking with the 'meter rosak' stickers), now its coupon-styled. My only complaint besides the increased rate is that DBKL need to put another machine. Just 1 machine is not enough for users. Now I need to walk and depending where I park, it's troublesome!

With the sky-rocketing oil prices, basics needs have become more and more like a luxury. Driving is becoming more expensive. What can we do? For a start, drive less! Cut down on unnecessary trips. Eat more at home as home cooked food is cheaper and healthier. For those shopping addicts, hehehe ...... too bad. Unless you wanna be a credit card slave, cut down on plastic swiping! Like the guv said, we need to change our lifestyle, but again, with the rising cost of living, is there any lifestyle left to change?